Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kenko T00bs , 50mm 1.4 and fullsizeposters.com



A brief entry as to my current up-to's...
Response to my somewhat small amount of advertising has been great - thank you, all, for your questions, comments, and other emails. Though not even within the scope of my initial target market, both Craigslist and Kijiji have yielded many contacts and a few bookings - it's hard to beat that for free advertising.
Last night I picked up a set of Kenko Extension tubes for macro work, as my current glass wasn't cutting it for what I needed it to do. I'm happy to announce these 'budget' macro tubes have yielded excellent results so far in testing (see image - shot with 50mm 1.8 on 36mm tube). The three tubes/combination of them leaves plenty of options available for range in detail shots while maintaining auto focus and excellent image quality!


As well, said 50mm 1.8 is being replaced with it's faster, silkier-focusing big brother 1.4. This is sad as I've had this piece of glass ever since I got into digital, and it was the first lens I ever bought (excluding 'kit' lenses). Though the manual focusing sticks slightly, the AF has always been true and worked like a charm. Hopefully it will find another good home!
Finally, I would like to put a shout out to www.fullsizeposters.com - no, they aren't paying me to say this - but recently, me and my girlfriend took up their promo for a 24"x36" poster print @ $4.29, which, even with $15 shipping, was still a heck of a deal compared to Toronto prices. The poster arrived within around 1 week from the States, and the quality is excellent! Will definitely do business with them again. As you can see - the print is HUGE!

No comments: